What Medigap covers
Medigap policies differ in price, depending on the company you buy from. They also differ in benefits — for example, a plan may include coverage for:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance
- Medigap Part A hospital costs (coverage extends up to one year after Medicare benefits are used up)
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- The first three pints of blood
- Medicare Part A hospice coinsurance or copayment
- Skilled nursing facility care
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Foreign travel emergency care
Some policies will not include coverage in all these areas, while others will cover a percentage of the costs. When comparing policies, it’s important to make note of the percentages that are covered. While the difference between 50% coverage and 75% coverage may not seem like a big deal, choosing the 75% option could result in significant financial savings compared to a lower percentage.
Important: Medigap Plans C and F are not available to anyone who became eligible for Medicare after January 1, 2020.
Here’s a better look at what all policies cover:
- Part A coinsurance and hospital costs: Plans A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M, and N
- Part A hospice care coinsurance and copayment: Plans A, B, C, D, F, G, K (50%), L (75%), M, and N
- Part A deductible: Plans B, C, D, F, G, K (50%), L (75%), M (50%), and N
- Part B coinsurance and hospital costs: Plans A, B, C, D, F, G, K (50%), L (75%), M, and N
- Part B excess charges: Plans F and G
- Part B deductible: Plans C and F
- Skilled nursing care facility coinsurance: Plans C, D, F, G, K (50%), L (75%), M, and N
- First three pints of blood for transfusions: Plans A, B, C, D, F, G, K (50%), L (75%), M, and N
- Foreign travel emergency care (80%): Plans C, D, F, G, M, and N
Selecting the right policy
Choosing the right Medicare Supplement can be difficult, so let us help you through the process. Working with Caring Insurance Solutions means having access to a wealth of professional knowledge. We prioritize our clients and always ensure that they’re making the right enrollment decision.
If you’ve been researching and know which policy you’d like to enroll in, give us a call. We can provide you with all the information you need and help to ease any stress about Medigap. Let us know how we can support you as you begin the enrollment process.
Located at 12130 Southwest 3rd Street, Yukon, OK, we’re a local insurance agency with years of experience. Our choices are guided through research and a thorough understanding of Medicare, so we can guarantee our clients are making the right insurance decisions. Contact us today to learn about how Medigap can lower your out-of-pocket medical costs.