Your 2 Primary Medicare Options
Option 1: Stay on Original Medicare and add Part D and a Medicare Supplement (“Medigap”) plan. A Medigap plan can help cover costs like deductibles, copayments, or coinsurance. Prescription drug coverage is offered under Medicare Part D.
Option 2: Join a Medicare Advantage plan. Medicare Advantage is an “all-in-one” alternative to Medicare. Many Advantage plans include prescription drug coverage and extra benefits like dental, vision, hearing aids, and more.
Original Medicare coverage is Part A (hospital insurance) and Part B (medical insurance).
Medicare Part A covers:
- Inpatient hospital care
- Skilled nursing facility
- Some home health care
Medicare Part B covers health care providers’ services and outpatient care, home health care, durable medical equipment, and some preventive and screening services.
How to Choose a Medicare Plan
How do you choose a Medicare plan? Consider the following:
1. Coverage. What are the services you need, and how well does each plan cover those services?
2. Costs. Medicare costs usually include premiums, deductibles, copays, coinsurance, and other costs. Make sure you understand the costs under each Medicare plan.
3. Your other coverage. Do you have other types of health or prescription drug coverage, such as through an employer or just a standalone plan? Regardless, you need to know how that coverage will work with Medicare.
4. Prescription drugs. Prescription drugs can be costly on their own. That’s why we recommend most people get prescription drug coverage. If you choose Original Medicare, you’ll need to join a standalone Medicare Part D plan to get drug coverage. If you choose Medicare Advantage, some plans will include drug coverage as an added benefit, but this ultimately depends on the type of Medicare Advantage plan, so make sure to review each plan carefully.
5. Health care provider choice. When you get Original Medicare, you can go to any doctor that accepts Medicare. If you choose a Medicare Advantage plan, you may need to use medical providers in the plan’s network.
6. Quality of care. The quality of care offered varies with different plans and health care providers. Are you happy with your quality of care? Look into how Medicare and other people with Medicare rated your plan’s care, services, and coverage.
7. Travel. Do you travel frequently, or would you like to? Medicare Advantage plans usually don’t cover care outside of the U.S. Original Medicare doesn’t cover care outside of the U.S. either, but it’s possible to enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan that covers travel.
Caring Insurance Solutions Can Help
At Caring Insurance Solutions, we specialize in helping Medicare beneficiaries find a plan that meets their budget and health needs. We’ve been proudly serving Oklahoma and Texas seniors since 2011, and we provide outstanding service. Not sure which Medicare option is right for you? Let us help you find the best coverage for the price you like. Call 405-694-0892.
Warning: file_put_contents(/wp-content/uploads/forminator/css/style-36.css): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/customer/www/cisok.net/public_html/wp-content/plugins/forminator/library/render/class-render-form.php on line 1720