Part C enrollment
Medicare Advantage is sold through private insurance companies. Even though it’s not sold directly through Medicare, companies work closely with Medicare to ensure that all policies are fair and align with the overall mission of providing health insurance at an affordable cost.
If you’re looking to join a plan, reach out to an insurance agent at Caring Insurance Solutions. Because many Advantage programs are dependent on location, it’s best to find someone who knows the options available to you. Working with an insurance agent you trust is incredibly important, so make sure that you find someone you feel comfortable working with.
Not all insurance providers will offer the same Medicare Advantage policies, so make sure to do some research and learn more about all the options. Asking for quotes is an excellent way to get a competitive idea of pricing and ensure that you’re getting the best deal possible. Knowing that you’ve picked the best provider will give you peace of mind and assurance that you made the right choice.
Medicare Advantage allows you to have extra benefits that are not provided by Original Medicare. While you’ll always have Part A and Part B coverage in your policy, you can have other areas such as dental, vision, and hearing. While the extra benefits offered are dependent on the Medicare Advantage Plan you choose, being able to have these extra areas of coverage will get you more access to the care you need.
If you’re not sure that Original Medicare offers all the coverage you need, Part C may be the right choice for you. Besides dental, vision, and hearing coverage, other benefits that can be included in a Medicare Advantage Plan are:
- Prescription drug coverage
- Nutrition and wellness programs
- Fitness memberships
- Transportation for doctor visits
- Adult daycare services
When can I enroll?
To enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan, you must first be enrolled in Original Medicare. If you were to drop your Part B coverage, you would ultimately lose your Medicare Advantage Plan.
There are certain enrollment periods to take note of when deciding to enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan. These periods include:
- Initial Enrollment: This period extends for seven months, beginning three months before your 65th birthday and ending three months after your 65th birthday. During your IEP, you have access to all of the plans available and can choose the one which will be best for you.
- Special Enrollment: You can qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you delayed your Medicare enrollment for specific reasons, such as already having creditable health coverage. You can also qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you lost your current Medicare plan by moving out of your plan’s service area or there being contract changes, and you need to enroll in a new one. By qualifying and enrolling during this period, you can avoid late enrollment penalties.
- Annual Enrollment: The AEP begins on October 15 and ends on December 7. This period grants Medicare beneficiaries the option to review their coverage and determine if the plan still works for them, or if they should switch plans. During this period, you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan or switch to a different plan.
Schedule Your FREE Consultation
If you’re ready to take the next step, call 405-694-0892 to book an appointment with us. We proudly serve Oklahoma and Texas and can help you find the Medicare coverage you need!
Warning: file_put_contents(/wp-content/uploads/forminator/css/style-36.css): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/customer/www/cisok.net/public_html/wp-content/plugins/forminator/library/render/class-render-form.php on line 1720